|MORNING CATEGORICAL COURSE
fMRI in Neuro-Psychiatric Disease and Treatment:
fMRI of Psychiatric and Degenerative Disorders
Chairs: Linda Chang and Peter Jezzard
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the special issues facing clinicians and researchers who wish to apply functional MRI to patient populations;
- Describe fMRI studies that have been successfully accomplished in neurological and psychiatric disorders;
- List a number of issues that remain to be resolved before widespread use of fMRI in patient populations is feasible;
- Describe the role and potential of animal models in increasing the understanding of fMRI studies in disease;
- Explain the principles and theory of pharmacological (ph) MRI;
- Appraise the potential for phMRI in humans and predict the impact on disease treatment.
|07:00 Addiction, Elliot A. Stein.
|07:15 Schizophrenia, Joseph H. Callicott.
|07:30 AIDS Dementia, Thomas Ernst.