Lynne S. Steinbach, Organizer
Sunday 7 May, 08:00 - 17:25
This one-day course will highlight current advances in various areas of musculoskeletal MR imaging, including many of the joints, muscles, the bone marrow, and soft tissue masses. Normal anatomy and imaging protocols will be presented where appropriate. Imaging at 3T and with intravenous or intra-articular gadolinium will also be incorporated into some of the presentations. There will be time for questions and discussion.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Identify normal anatomy and key pathology as demonstrated on MRI regarding abnormalities related to shoulder, knee, hip, ankle, elbow, wrist, and hand;
• Interpret MR appearances of muscle injury;
• Understand different types of bone marrow pathology as they present on MRI;
• Recognize soft tissue masses that are not neoplasms using MRI; and
• Design optimized protocols in musculoskeletal MRI.
This course is designed for radiologists in private practice, training or academic centers, orthopedists, rheumatologists, and MR technologists who work in an environment that incorporates musculoskeletal MRI. A basic knowledge of MRI and musculoskeletal anatomy will be helpful.
|08:00||Shoulder MR Update||Christian W. Pfirrmann, M.D.|
|08:45||MRI of the Elbow||Russell C. Fritz, M.D.|
|09:30||MRI of Muscle Injury||Robert D. Boutin, M.D.|
|10:10||Break - Meet the Teachers|
|10:30||MRI of the Wrist and Hand||William B. Morrison, M.D.|
|11:15||Knee MR Update||Doug P. Beall, M.D.|
|12:10 - 12:30 - Meet the Teachers|
|13:30||MRI of the Ankle||Mark Collins, M.D.|
|14:15||MRI of the Hip - not available||Doris E. Wenger, M.D.|
|15:10||Break - Meet the Teachers|
|15:30||Bone Marrow Imaging||Thomas M. Link, M.D.|
|16:15||MRI of Soft Tissue Pseudotumors||Suzanne E. Anderson, M.D.|
|17:10 - 17:25 - Meet the Teachers|