|MORNING CATEGORICAL COURSE
fMRI in Neuro-Psychiatric Disease and Treatment:
fMRI of Focal Neurological Disorders
Chairs: Linda Chang and John A. Detre
Upon completion of
this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the special issues facing
clinicians and researchers who wish to apply functional MRI to patient populations;
- Describe fMRI studies that have been
successfully accomplished in neurological and psychiatric disorders;
- List a number of issues that remain to be
resolved before widespread use of fMRI in patient populations is feasible;
- Describe the role and potential of animal
models in increasing the understanding of fMRI studies in disease;
- Explain the principles and theory of
pharmacological (ph) MRI;
- Appraise the potential for phMRI in humans
and predict the impact on disease treatment.
|07:00 Stroke, Steven C. Cramer.
|07:15 Pre-Surgical Planning in Tumor Surgery, Victor M. Haughton.
|07:30 Epilepsy, Mark R. Symms.