This session has four parts:
• A review of the advanced MRI techniques used in the evaluation of
brain neoplasms. These include diffusion tensor imaging, perfusion
imaging, spectroscopic imaging, and BOLD imaging.
• Diagnostic algorithms, which identify the role of advanced MRI methods
in diagnosis of enhancing and unenhancing mass lesions in the brain.
• The role of advanced imaging in pre- and post- treatment monitoring
and management of patients with brain neoplasms.
• The future role of multi-variable pixel-wise analyses of multiple
advanced imaging modalities in the diagnosis and delineation of brain
Upon completion of this session, participants should be able to:
• Implement DTI, perfusion and MR spectroscopy in brain neoplasms;
• Recognize the role of DTI, perfusion and MR spectroscopy in evaluation
of brain neoplasms;
• Identify limitations of DTI, perfusion and MR spectroscopy in
evaluation of brain neoplasms; and
• Apply an algorithmic approach to the evaluation of brain neoplasms-based
advanced MR imaging.