ISMRM & SMRT Virtual Conference • 08-14 August 2020
Approaches to Pediatric Cardiovascular Imaging
Session Topic: Novel imaging techniques for CMR
Session Sub-Topic: Approaches to Pediatric Cardiovascular Imaging
ORGANIZERS: Jennifer Steeden, Peng Hu, Jennifer Keegan
Skill Level: Basic to Advanced
Session Number: M-02
This session will provide an overview of pediatric cardiovascular MRI including clinical need, technical challenges, state-of-the-art practice, and research techniques.
- Physicists and engineers who wish to obtain a basic understanding of the clinical need for pediatric imaging and its technical challenges and limitations; and
- Physicists and clinicians who wish to acquire an understanding of current clinical state-of-the-art practice, technical advances and research techniques.
As a result of attending this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the clinical need for cardiovascular MRI in children and the inherent challenges involved;
- Describe acceleration techniques commonly used in cardiovascular MRI in children;
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of motion correction and motion compensation techniques currently used in cardiovascular MRI in children; and
- Describe current clinical state-of-the-art and research techniques.
The International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.