SMRT Travel ScholarshipJohn Celio
SMRT Travel Scholarship
for the 2020 Annual Meeting
Application Deadline: 17 January 2020 at 23:59 EST
The SMRT Travel Scholarship Program assists radiographers and technologists in attending the SMRT Annual Meeting. Scholarships of up to $1,000 will be provided by the SMRT as well as through philanthropic donations to the ISMRM Research and Education Fund.
Criteria for Application
- Scholarships will be given to MR Radiographers/Technologists who have a demonstrable need for financial support to attend the Annual Meeting of the SMRT
- All Applicants must provide a supporting letter from a Department Head or Supervisor attesting to the need for travel assistance and the benefit of attending the meeting.
- Notification of SMRT Travel Scholarship is posted on the SMRT website announcing are availability at least (6) months prior to the Annual Meeting or at the same time as registration opens for the annual meeting
- Applications are accepted in the Central Office until 2 months prior to the meeting or until the deadline for early registration closes
- Applicants who are current dues paying members of the SMRT
Preference will be given to:
- Applicants who have submitted scientific abstracts for presentation at the meeting
- MR Radiographers/Technologists in the beginning of their careers (in practice or less than 3 years)
- Applicants who have not previously attended an SMRT Annual Meeting
- Applicants from lower socio-economic countries and regions, such as Africa, Central and South America, Eastern Europe, Middle East & Asia
- Applicants who have been members of the SMRT for more than 3 years and have not yet had the ability to attend the annual meeting
Eligible Expenses Covered by the Award
- Economy coach fare air travel to and from the meeting location
- Up to four nights lodging/accommodation at a conference hotel
- Annual meeting registration
- Membership dues
- Fees for courses that have additional charges
- Ground transportation
- Baggage fees
- Travel itinerary change fees
Applicants will be notified of the results of the award process two months prior to the meeting, leaving time for the purchase of an economy coach round trip airplane ticket. Failure of the successful awardees to register for the meeting prior to the registration deadline will result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
For questions, please contact Roberta Kravitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.