SMRT-ARRT Professional Development Grant
The SMRT has partnered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), to award Professional Development Grants to assist SMRT members in the further development of their professional careers. The grant, funded by the ARRT, supports one recipient per active membership each year for the cost of continuing education courses, conferences or products (live or online), or ARRT primary or secondary certification exams. The grant amount is up to $500 and will be awarded as reimbursement for completed educational activities.
Applications for 2018-2019 must be submitted by Aug. 30, 2018 at 23:59 EDT.
- Completed applications with letter of reference must be received by August 30, 2018. Applications and letters of reference received after this date will not be considered.
- Applicants must be a current member of the Society for MR Radiographers & Technologists and a Registered Technologist (R.T.).
- SMRT Policy Board members are not eligible to apply to the program.
- Applicants must submit a short essay in response to the question: “How does acquiring and maintaining certification improve patient care?” The essay must have a minimum of 100 words and be an original creation.
- Applicants must submit a brief statement outlining:
- Your professional achievements
- Your career goals
- How continued professional development in the MRI will help you to achieve your goals
- A letter of reference from your Supervisor indicating why they feel this award would benefit you and your contributions to the field of MRI. Reference letters must be written on institution letterhead and signed by your Supervisor. Original documents or scanned copies of the original will be accepted. You may submit your letter electronically on the application page, or via fax to +1 (510) 841-2340, or via mail to 2300 Clayton Rd, Suite 620, Concord, CA 94520, USA.
The Professional Development Grant program was designed to assist in the professional growth and development of radiographers and technologists. One recipient per active membership year will receive up to $500.00, as a reimbursement for the cost of continuing education courses, conferences or products (live or online), or ARRT primary or secondary certification exams.
Expenses for travel and hotel costs, certification exams, college credit courses and textbooks are not eligible for reimbursement.
Disbursements awarded will be for recipient expenses incurred between September 2018 – March 2019.
Notification of Receipt of Application
You will receive an automated confirmation email shortly after submitting your completed application. If you do not receive this email please contact Kerry@ismrm.org.
Selection Criteria/Review Process
Applications will be reviewed by the SMRT Awards Committee based on the criteria above.
Notification of Winners
Winners will be notified of selection by email and by a formal award letter by US Mail.
Non-Selected Candidates will be notified by email by the SMRT Awards Committee.
Winners will be listed on both the SMRT and ARRT websites. By applying to this program, all applicants are providing permission to allow the ARRT and SMRT to publish content from the applicant’s essay, as well as applicant’s name, city and state.
By submitting an application to this program, you agree that you have read and understand the program rules.
Questions regarding eligibility requirements or application content should be directed to Kerry Crockett, Kerry@ismrm.org or +1 925-825-SMRT (7678).