The International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) Junior Fellow Program has been established to recognize outstanding researchers at an early stage in their careers, with an established and long-term commitment to ISMRM. Junior Fellowship may be maintained for up to ten (10) years as long as ISMRM membership remains current. Up to twenty (20) individuals will be selected as Junior Fellows for 2021 on the basis of an outstanding abstract, CV and documented commitment to ISMRM through consistent membership and participation in ISMRM activities. They will be recognized as follows:
- Acknowledgment of Junior Fellow status to the awardee’s department chair from the ISMRM President;
- Guaranteed trainee stipend for the 2021 ISMRM & SMRT Annual Meeting & Exhibition;
- Mentorship by a senior ISMRM Fellow during the first year, providing guidance on career development and ISMRM structure and services;
- Assignment to an ISMRM committee as a non-voting observer;
- Assignment to the Trainee Advisory Working Group;
- Opportunity to participate in development of an annual meeting session;
- Acknowledgment on the ISMRM website (https://www.ismrm.org/about/society-award-winners/)
To be eligible for this program, the applicant must be not only a current student member of the ISMRM at the time of application but have maintained membership for a minimum of three years, at the time of application. In addition, the applicant must be first author on all abstracts submitted for consideration in this program, have shown high-caliber performance throughout his/her career as supported by his/her curriculum vitae, exhibit long-term dedication to the goals of the ISMRM as evidenced by participation in ISMRM annual meetings, workshops, and courses, as well as demonstrate independence and innovation in research.
To be considered for the ISMRM Junior Fellow Program, the applicant must provide the following on or before 16 December 2020 at 23:59 EST:
- Completion of the online application form
- A letter of motivation plus a full CV from the applicant, both in PDF format. The cover letter must be on the institution’s letterhead, and the CV should include the following:
- A list of ISMRM meetings (both face-to-face and virtual) attended:
- Annual meetings
- Educational Courses
- A list of ISMRM study group memberships
- A list of presentations at ISMRM meetings and peer-review publications.
Where and How to Apply:
- Abstracts should be submitted through the official ISMRM Abstract Submission website.
- CV and cover letter should be submitted through the online application form.
ISMRM Junior Fellow Program
The deadline for all of the above actions is 16 December 2020 at 23:59 EST.
Lawrence L. Wald, Ph.D., Chair
ISMRM Awards Committee
2300 Clayton Road, Suite 620
Concord, CA 94520
Fax: +1 510-841-2340