John A. Koveleski Award for Professional Developmentadmin
The John A. Koveleski Award for Professional Development
When John Koveleski was SMRT President in 2002 he was asked what he would like to see the SMRT accomplish in 2002 and in the future. John’s response was, “I’d like to see a continuation of international growth and also growth from the ‘grass roots’ technologists – those working in the trenches at outpatient centers, etc., that represent well over 90% of the technologists employed in the field.”
To honor John and his vision, the SMRT offers the John A. Koveleski Award for Professional Development. The Education and Abstract Committees invite MRI students and radiographers/technologists employed as MR radiographers and technologists that have been practicing in MRI 3 years or less to submit abstracts for the John A. Koveleski Award. Qualification will be determined by:
- a resume/CV submitted by the author, and
- a signed and dated letter on institution letterhead by the institution manager or senior staff.
The award recipient will receive:
- a monetary award
- a 3-year membership in the SMRT, and
- the honor of participating as a member of the SMRT Abstract Committee for one year
- an invitation to present their work at the annual meeting. If the recipient is not able to attend the meeting, the abstract will be displayed as a poster during the annual meeting.
- The award-winning abstract will be published in the Annual Meeting syllabus materials and on the SMRT Website.
We hope many of you will begin sharing your ideas and discoveries early in your career as a first step in your professional development.
To support the JAK Fund, log in here and click “+ My Donations” to donate.
Submission for the JAK Award is through the SMRT Annual Meeting Submission Site, which is only open for a short time in the autumn.
Check the next Annual Meeting’s web page for more information, when available.
Important Tax Information:
The ISMRM is a U.S. 501(c)(3) nonprofit organized in the United States. ISMRM Membership dues and donations are tax deductible in the United States. ISMRM Membership dues are tax deductible in the United Kingdom. For all other countries, please check with your local tax authority for guidance.
Past Recipients of the John A. Koveleski Professional Development Award:
Jason Ortman, A.A.(MR)(R)
Hiroyuki Takashima, Ph.D.
Yuka Tanaka, B.Sc. (RT)
Kelsey Wineland, CNMT, RT(MR)
Vikneswary Batumalai, M.H.Sc.(R)
Anthea Hon, BAppSc (MRS) DiagRad M MagResTech
Danqing Xiao, Ph.D.
Amanda Golsch, B.S., R.T. (R)(MR)