When you browse, read pages, complete forms or download information on our website, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. This information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and store about your visit is listed below:
This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.
The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer) and operating system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site;
The date and time you access our site; and
The pages you visit.
Enduring Internet Education Privacy and Confidentiality – Privacy and Sponsorship Policy:
The ISMRM has created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The ISMRM is the sole owner of the information collected and presented on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent your information to any third party, without your permission. We collect information from our users at several different points on our website.
The Education Department shall adhere to the policy framework of online internet activities or enduring material as defined by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. A full description of these policies may be found at the following web addresses:
1. CME activities delivered via the internet are expected to comply with ACCME Essential Areas, Elements and Policies.
2. There shall be no CME activities of an ACCME-accredited provider on a pharmaceutical or device manufacturer’s product website.
3. Learners will be clearly notified that they are leaving the educational website when links from the website lead to pharmaceutical and device manufacturers’ product websites. In addition, links may exist before or after the educational content of a CME activity, but shall not be embedded in the educational content of a CME activity.
4. Advertising of any type is prohibited within the educational content of CME activities on the internet including, but not limited to, banner ads, subliminal ads, and pop-up window ads.
5. At the start of each internet CME activity, the hardware and software required for the learner to participate will be identified.
6. There will be a mechanism in place for the learner to contact the CME provider with questions about the internet CME activity.
7. The Education Department will adhere to and inform the learner of its policy on privacy and confidentiality related to the online CME activity.
8. Documentation will be provided upon request that the Continuing Medical Education Department owns the copyright for, has received permission to use, or is otherwise permitted to use copyrighted materials within a CME activity on the internet.
This website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statement of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
This site has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. There is no transmission of patient information on this website and therefore no implications to regulation by the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) and HIPAA are applicable.
Notification of Changes
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to comply with the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our website.
Refunds & Returns:
The ISMRM offers no returns or refunds on items purchased through our bookstore. All sales are final.
Dues subscriptions and payments are not refundable.
Meeting and Workshop Registrations will be refunded in accordance with the cancellation policy of the meeting and/or workshop, as outlined on their respective registration pages.