The ISMRT Annual Meeting Stipend assists radiographers and technologists in attending the ISMRT Annual Meeting. Funding is provided by the ISMRT as well as through philanthropic donations to the ISMRM Research and Education Fund. Each awardee will receive a small award toward the costs of attending (in-person only; does not apply to virtual attendance) the 2024 ISMRM & ISMRT Annual Meeting & Exhibition.
2024 ISMRT membership is required by 08 November 2023 at 23:59 UTC (see your local time above). If you are not a member, you will need to complete the membership application process on or before that deadline in order to be considered for an educational stipend. Current members will need to pay their 2024 membership dues by the same deadline.
Who Should Apply?
- MR Radiographers/Technologists who have a demonstrable need for financial support to attend the Annual Meeting of the ISMRT
- Persons who are already actively involved or about to be actively involved in some aspect of research related to the ISMRT.
- An individual may receive an ISMRT stipend a maximum of three times.
- Applicants are required to attend in person for the ISMRT Annual Meeting.
All documents listed below should be sent in electronic format via the form linked below.
- A brief statement (within the submission form) of their interest in attending the ISMRT Annual Meeting and explain how this will relate to their own work;
- A letter of support from the Department Head or Supervisor attesting to the need for assistance and the benefit of attending the meeting.
- A curriculum vitae of the applicant;
- Stipend awards are dispersed to ISMRT members only.
Criteria for Application
- Monetary awards will be provided to MR Radiographers/Technologists who have a demonstrable need for financial support to attend the Annual Meeting of the ISMRT
- All Applicants must provide a supporting letter from a Department Head or Supervisor attesting to the need for assistance and the benefit of attending the meeting.
- Applications are accepted in the Central Office until the deadline noted above.
Preference will be given to:
- Applicants who have submitted scientific abstracts for presentation at the 2024 meeting
- MR Radiographers/Technologists in the beginning of their careers (in practice or less than 3 years)
- Applicants who have not previously attended prior meetings
- Applicants from lower socio-economic countries and regions, such as Africa, Central and South America, Eastern Europe, Middle East & Asia
Applicants will be notified of the results of the award process prior to the meeting. Failure of the successful awardees to register in-person for the meeting prior to the registration deadline will result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
ISMRT Stipend Application Deadline: 08 November 2023 at 23:59 UTC
Membership Application/Dues Payment Deadline: 08 November 2023 at 23:59 UTC
For the ISMRT Application, click here.
Sonja K. Boiteaux, M.Sc., R.T.(R)(MR), MRSO, MCHC
Chair, ISMRT Awards Committee
2300 Clayton Road, Suite 620
Concord, CA 94520
Fax: +1 510-841-2340