The Iranian Chapter of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) is an organization of Iranian members that performs the functions of ISMRM within the Iranian area. The formation of Iranian Chapter was approved by the ISMRM Board of Trustees on 28 July 2014.
The Iranian Chapter is a community that brings clinicians, physicists, technologists and other MRI scientists together. We seek to pursue and to accomplish the strategic plans of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine in Iran.
Our vision is to excel as an influential, reliable and leading national organization in promoting interdisciplinary MRI science with the major purpose to promote the healthcare in the country.
Our mission is to promote the general appreciation of the role of MRI practice, education and research to improve the public healthcare throughout the Iranian society. The general purposes of this chapter, as stated in the Iranian Chapter Bylaws, are:
- To promote communication, research, education, development, applications and the availability of information on magnetic resonance in medicine and biology and other related topics across the area;
- To study the most reliable and applicable hardware and software methods to employ magnetic resonance imaging in medicine, and with maximum precision and accuracy;
- To develop and provide channels and facilities for continuing education and communication in the field; and
- To provide information and advice on those aspects of public policy which are concerned with magnetic resonance in medicine and biology and other related topics, and otherwise perform charitable, scientific and educational functions with respect to magnetic resonance applications in medicine and biology and other related topics.
- To work with, and to interact with local, regional and private agencies, organizations, firms and institutions in efforts to accomplish one or more of the above purposes.
- To ensure that scientists and clinicians working in the field of magnetic resonance imaging have fair and equal opportunities to contribute to it.