The International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) Junior Fellow Program has been established to recognize outstanding researchers at an early stage in their careers, with an established and long-term commitment to ISMRM. Junior Fellowship may be maintained for up to ten (10) years as long as ISMRM membership remains current. Up to twenty (20) individuals will be selected as Junior Fellows for 2019 on the basis of an outstanding abstract, C.V. and documented commitment to ISMRM. They will be recognized as follows:
- Acknowledgment of Junior Fellow status to the awardee’s department chair from the ISMRM President;
- Guaranteed trainee stipend for the Joint Annual Meeting ISMRM-ESMRMB 2019;
- Mentorship by a senior ISMRM Fellow during the first year, providing guidance on career development and ISMRM structure and services;
- Service on the annual poster award selection committee, as well as assignment to an ISMRM committee as a non-voting observer;
- Acknowledgment on the ISMRM website (https://www.ismrm.org/about/society-award-winners/)
To be eligible for this program, the applicant must be not only a current student member of the ISMRM at the time of application, but have maintained membership for a minimum of three years, at the time of application. In addition, the applicant must be first author on all abstracts submitted for consideration in this program, have shown high-caliber performance throughout his/her career as supported by his/her curriculum vitae, exhibit long-term dedication to the goals of the ISMRM as evidenced by participation in ISMRM annual meetings, workshops, and courses, as well as demonstrate independence and innovation in research.
To be considered for the ISMRM Junior Fellow Program, the applicant must provide the following on or before 23:59 Eastern, 07 November 2018:
- Completion of the online application form (CLOSED)
- A letter of motivation plus a full c.v. from the applicant, both in pdf format. The cover letter must be on the institution’s letterhead, and the c.v. should include the following:
- A list of ISMRM meetings attended:
- Annual meetings
- Educational Courses
- A list of ISMRM study group memberships
- A list of presentations at ISMRM meetings and peer-review publications.
Where and How to Apply:
- Abstracts should be submitted through the official ISMRM Abstract Submission website.
- C.V. and cover letter should be submitted through the online application form (CLOSED).
ISMRM Junior Fellow Program
The deadline for all of the above actions is 07 November 2018, 23:59 Eastern.
Daniel K. Sodickson, M.D., Ph.D., Chair
ISMRM Awards Committee
2300 Clayton Road, Suite 620
Concord, CA 94520
Fax: +1 510-841-2340