Submission of Graphical Abstracts for MRM/JMRI Articles
The ISMRM website will be featuring “graphical abstracts” for articles published in MRM and JMRI. This is a pilot project, so specifications may change. Please read the following guidelines carefully to save you time!
- We are only accepting graphics for articles that were first published in Early View after February 1, 2014.
- Authors must create and submit the graphic to the ISMRM Web Editorial Board (See Submission below)
- The length of time for which each graphic will be displayed will depend on the volume received, and we may modify this as the project progresses.
Submission and Format:
Please submit your graphic by sending an email to Brian Hargreaves (email@example.com) with the “ISMRM Graphic” in the subject line. The email should include one or two JPEG files and the DOI locator as below:
- Your JPEG file should be at least 512×256 pixels with a 2:1 aspect ratio. Images will be modified as necessary to fit these dimensions.
- Small text labels on figures are fine – text should be readable when the graphic is displayed at 4x8cm (about 1.5×3 inches.) Please use Arial, Helvetica or a similar font
- A single line of text along the top is appropriate – please include in the JPEG file in a sans serif font such as Arial, Helvetica or similar.
- Please include DOI string for the article (for example: 10.1002/jmri.12345)
- If you place text in the graphic, please submit an additional copy of the graphic with no text so that we might keep fonts consistent. This may save us having to request additional submissions from you.
- Please look at examples on the ISMRM website to help you design an interesting, readable graphic.
- It is completely optional for authors to participate in this initiative by submitting this graphic. (We hope it is helpful in promoting articles, though!)
- Graphic should come from some combination or excerpt of figures in the article.
- If you place text in the graphic, please submit an additional one with no text so that we might keep fonts consistent.
- The WEB editorial staff reserve the right to request changes before the image is placed on the ISMRM website.
- Authors retain the right to have their graphic/link removed at any time.
Please send comments or questions to Brian Hargreaves, Web Editor